Get the most from your hair colour with our top tips!
Whether you’re blonde, brunette or redhead, coloured hair always requires extra care to keep it looking vibrant and fresh. Follow our top tips below to get the most out of your colour!
TIPS FOR BLONDES
1. Firstly when colouring your hair blonde always have it done professionally in a salon.
2. Deep condition often. If you’ve lightened your hair to be blonde and want to avoid it looking dry, use a deep conditioning treatment at least weekly to keep your hair hydrated.
3. Invest in a purple shampoo to prevent your hair colour from turning brassy which often happens with other shampoos that aren’t specifically formulated for blonde hair.
4. Get regular trims, blonde hair is more prone to breakage so you need to look after it.
TIPS FOR BRUNETTES
1. For beautiful shiny brunette hair whether coloured or natural, it is important that you keep it healthy.
2. Use professional products to maintain your hair in as they are specifically designed for your hair needs, and trim hair regularly.
3. Start by selecting the right shampoo and conditioner with the help of an expert in the salon. We recommend Kevin Murphy products and the Kerastase range.
4. When colouring your hair choosing a shade of brown that will suit your skin tone is the most important factor. Establish with your colourist whether to opt for a cool toned brown or a warm brown. Adding some highlights and lowlights underneath the hair will give it texture and multi tonal colour to soften your all over brunette colour.
TIPS FOR REDHEADS
1. This hair colour can be tricky to get right so if you’re not blessed with natural copper locks have a professional in a salon do it for you.
2. Wash your hair with sulfate-free, colour-safe shampoo and conditioner and rinse your hair with cool water to protect your hair from heat damage and add extra shine.
3. Use thermal protectant when heat styling your hair. This will dramatically reduce brittle and split ends.
4. Avoid the sun when possible – it’s always best to wear a hat in sunny weather and consider using a UV protectant spray for your hair.
5. Have a colour refresh service done in salon in between your root touch ups to keep your colour looking vibrant.